Homework is used to prepare, consolidate, extend and enrich classroom learning. It is an opportunity for families to engage in learning together and promotes independent responsibility for young people.
In Key Stage 3 (Years 7 & 8)
- Homework should last approximately 30 minutes per task
- Students will receive 1 piece of homework per week in English, Maths and Science
- Students will receive 1 piece of homework per additional subject, per fortnight
In Key Stage 4 (Years 9-11)
- Homework should last approximately 30-60 minutes per task
- Students receive 1 piece of homework per subject, per week
Please contact your child’s tutor if homework is lasting considerably less than this time, or it is taking considerably longer.
English Literature 'How To' videos
Mrs Hursthouse has prepared a series of 'How to' videos as a revision aid to Planning responses to English Literature, Paper 2.
Please see the 3 separate videos below: